For properties to run efficiently, building owners need to have knowledge on the different aspects of building management. One of these areas is carpet maintenance and cleaning. Building owners need to have some knowledge of what carpet cleaning entails.
Carpeting is a significant property investment in a building. Property owners need to protect this investment. One way they can protect the upholstery is by ensuring the proper cleaning equipment and materials are used on the carpet. However, to understand more about carpet cleaning, you need to know the common misconceptions.
- Using more chemicals on carpet stains is better. When a stain on the carpet does not clear, sometimes the technician is advised to use a larger concentration of the cleaning chemicals. However, if the correct carpet cleaning chemicals have been selected, the chemicals are mixed for optimal cleaning performance.Instead of using more chemicals, you can re-clean the area using a hot water carpet extractor. It will help the chemicals work better, and your carpet will be cleaner.
- Managers should choose the least costly cleaning chemicals. You will get the service of what you pay for. You should not go for the most expensive neither should you choose the cheapest. Instead, do your math and calculate the product dilution with water. Doing so will help you get the right carpet cleaning chemical that is cheap in the long run.
- When it comes to property managers choosing the right carpet cleaning services, some think they should get the cheapest. When it comes to carpet cleaning companies, things can get a bit tricky. Technicians will have competitive prices and even offer discounts and extra services. If you have large amounts of carpet to clean, you might get tempted to use the cheapest cleaning company which is not always a good idea. The best way to select a carpet cleaning company is by checking if they are certified by the IICRC, use hot water extractors that are approved by the CRI and have experience in the industry. You can also visit the places where the cleaning company has worked, and you can also call some of their references.
- Protect a carpet’s warranty by using products with stain resistant chemistry. The chemistry used in making carpets stain resistant is not permanent. The performance and life of the carpet can reduce if you use the wrong cleaning products and if you use products with the wrong pH. The best way to protect the carpet is by checking the CRI Seal of Approval when selecting carpet cleaning chemicals. There, you will find information on the chemicals you can use that will not damage the carpet or affect the warranty.
- The pH of a cleaning product is determined after the product has been diluted. Managers should know about how pH affects the carpet. The label on the carpet cleaning chemical usually has information on the pH telling you how acidic or alkaline the product is. The pH of a carpet cleaning chemical is what is indicated before it is diluted. After dilution, the pH becomes lower but after evaporation, the higher pH returns. It is also important since it informs managers on how certain stains are supposed to be treated. Different stains react to specific pH levels.